Sunday 14 August 2011

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED

My new website is now done. Check it out at tomdaniellaugerud.com or tomdaniel.eu. I still haven't a 100% decided with what domain to go with. I used the Wix editor to create my site, cause the little web coding I know won't get me that far. I can do some basic stuff here and there, but that's about it. If you're wondering why I have two domains, it's because I got tomdaniellaugerud.com free through Wix, simple as that.


In mid June, actually at Gatwick Airport in the VHSmith, I spotted a magazine "Computer arts projects". On the front was the title "Improve your digital portfolio". This issue contained loads of tips on how to show off yourself and your work and how crucial that is in the creative industry. They'd interview people every branch on the industry, film, photo, design, art etc. If you get can a hold of a copy of this, do it, it's well worth the £7,50.


I've also started this "career blog", where I'm gonna post updates on project, inspirations etc. For me it's really important to separate my "private life" from my "job-life". It's not everything a future boss needs to see and vice versa. Also then I use that as a online journal, not just for myself, but also to use in uni where we have to do a "visual diary" of the year.

As a "mini-blog" I've set up a twitter account, so follow me @tomdaniel_blog. If I'm working on a project I can post short updates which will then appear on my blog.

Next step:
- I'm soon starting working on my Facebook page, hoping to have that online within August
- Business cards

Please give me feedback,would love to hear your thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment